Your bathroom is a heavily visited room in the house. In fact, it’s likely you’re in there at least three times a day, if not more! With all the time you spend in there, it’s important that the atmosphere is a welcoming and inspiring one. No one wants to do their business in a dark dungeon-looking room, do they?
Make the bathroom of your dreams with one of these most popular bathroom home decor themes. Discover what people love to put in their bathrooms and learn how to replicate it for your own home!
Bathroom Home Decor Theme #1: Under the Sea
The most popular bathroom theme is obviously “Under the Sea,” and no I’m not talking about The Little Mermaid song (or I could be). Under the Sea is one of those iconic bathroom schemes and it’s truly no wonder why.
To make your bathroom have an Under the Sea theme, here’s five must-haves to get started:
– White, blue, or beige paint for the walls and cabinets
– Deep sea blue towels and linens
– Empty seashells to place your soaps, jewelry, q-tips, and other bathroom essentials
– A mixture of turquoise and teal bathroom home decor accessories (i.e. wastebasket, bath mats, glass-beaded dispensers, etc.)
– Nautical-themed wooden signs
Of course, the colors and accessory options are customizable, but all the essentials are there to start turning your ordinary bathroom into an Under the Sea bathroom!
Bathroom Home Decor Theme #2: Nature
If water-themed bathrooms aren’t sitting well with you, then look for nature-themed bathroom home decor. You will get inspired every time you step out of the shower with a nature-inspired bathroom.
See what you need for your bathroom decor below to find tranquility and rejuvenation just around the corner.
– Rock-tiled floors or shower walls
– Faux moss-covered soap holders
– Different shades of green walls, towels, and shower mats
– 2-3 floor plants and a small Zen garden
– Nature-inspired scented candles decorated with pebbles and twigs
Bathroom Home Decor Theme #3: Modern Art
The third most popular bathroom home decor might come at a surprise. Indeed, modern art is not a theme one would likely choose for their bathroom right off the top, but we can see why having a simple yet modern bathroom theme is attractive.
If you want to freshen up your bathroom with the latest contemporary trends, here’s some items you might need:
– Black, white, or gray walls, linens, and bath/shower mats (minimal colors)
– Elegant-style soap dispensers in copper, glass, or tin
– Soft light fixtures
– Black or white frames and wall cubes for placing bathroom essentials
– 1-2 low-maintenance succulent plants (place in prism-shaped hangers for an extra modern touch)
Most Popular Bathroom Home Decor Themes & How to Do Them
What do you think of these three most popular bathroom home decor themes? Whichever style is your favorite, what’s certain is that these schemes all have their own personality. The next time you’re motivated to renovate your bathroom, make sure to consider these top three themes to get you started!